THE DANFO EXPERIENCE

By Omugbe prisca - February 26, 2018


Seated in the Danfo bus in a bumper to bumper traffic, my mind was flooded with so many thoughts and imaginations. My wandering and dancing thought was interrupted by a scream; I quickly looked behind through the window. It was a Danfo bus conductor coming with four guys, after a brief discussion with the conductor of the bus I was in; he let the guys into the bus. Then I realized their bus had broken down in the bumper to bumper traffic, trust me it’s an experience you will never wish for.


Now seated beside me was an older boy carrying another boy but this boy was a bit younger and they kind of looked alike so I guess they were brothers. They had this none shining, very dark and unattractive skin complexion. They looked less privileged and as such could not afford another seat. I watched how the older boy was finding it really difficult to conveniently carry the younger boy coupled with the traffic. The younger one stood up several times to relieve his elder brother of the pain he felt, also the elder brother adjusted his legs continually due to the discomfort he felt.

The elder brother finally highlighted from the bus and started trekking down the traffic. He wanted his younger brother to be comfortably seated and didn’t mind trekking to the last bus stop which was about 5km away from where we were. I was thrilled by such love, not minding the little  age difference  between them.


As I sat in the bus admiring such love with an incredible action, it struck me how much more God loves us. His love never fails no matter the situations we face; his love is always available to us. Never give up no matter what happens, God’s love is everlasting and he always makes a way just like the elder brother did to make his younger brother comfortable. Remember there is always a big God in your situation.

I hope you were blessed?
If you have had any inspiring danfo experience feel free to share it with us. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments