HOW I DEALT WITH THE BIG PROBLEM

By Omugbe prisca - February 28, 2020


Sometimes last week I noticed a trend that had lasted for a couple of days. I was getting offended so easily. I would think about the words people used on me or how they answered me. I would ponder on these words for a long time and the only result from this was anger.


I was beginning to lose my peace of mind as anger and offences were taking over. It seemed like everyone had something to say to annoy me. I had to take a step back because this was not me.
The usual me is a free spirited person, I laugh over almost anything but here I was picking on everything. I decided I was going to work on myself but I realised this was beyond me I needed the Holy Spirit to help me.


During one of my bible study in the morning I stumbled (I would call that divine leading) on a part of the bible and it was just for me Ephesians 4:2-3 (NLT)

 Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.

I spent minutes meditating on this verses and later prayed. I realised that by the end of the day, every anger and offense I felt for anyone just melted away.
Yeah, the temptation to get angry and offended didn’t stop, but each time I was faced with such I would recall the word I studied, say it to myself and my peace is maintained.


Indeed the word of God is a mirror that reflects who we are and shows us the path to take.
Have you ever been faced with such or something related to this? Kindly let me know in the comment section and how you were able to get over it. 


If you are going through such, there is hope which is the Holy Spirit and the word of God.

I hope this post was insightful?

Thanks for reading

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Insightful. Thanks for the scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good way to keep ones peace in check. Thanks for the Bible passage

    ReplyDelete