HOW TO FIND COMFORT IN THE MIDST OF THE STORM 2

By Omugbe prisca - March 15, 2018



Episode Two
He was now dragging my bag off my shoulder without uttering a word. You needed to see us it was a tug of war, I didn't want to let go either because of the valuables I had in it and was also surprised where I got such courage from. I guess I was being too stubborn for him, so he started using a stone he was holding to hit my arm but I still held fast to my bag and continued screaming. It was at this point he signaled his colleague who was playing the role of the watch dog to come over and all through the struggle he didn't utter a word. His partner stood up and was approaching us when I saw him bringing out a little sharp knife, my heart stopped beating for some second's. I immediately let go of the bag and they started running northwards where I was standing. I was screaming, crying, confused and attempted running after them but I knew it was dangerous. All the content of my bag was gone which includes; my infinix hot 4 phone, my dairy, my Vinci designer's black heeled shoe, my tithe and my offering were the content of the bag. All I could do at this moment was to pray. I summoned so much courage to walk to the church bus, I told them that had happened and they all showed so much care and concern. Now I needed to go back home to get another shoe since I was wearing a slipper's, two guys volunteered to walk me home and in no time we were back in the bus.

Sited in the bus with lots of things going through my mind, was still in shock and still hoped I was dreaming and hoped to wake back to reality. Just some minutes ago I was listening to my favourite on my phone and some minutes later the story was all different. I wondered why all of this happened, this was indeed a temptation on a very cool Sunday morning. I knew at this moment, I needed to find comfort in the midst of this storm and this true comfort was only in God. I remembered what my bishop always says "as a Christian you can be challenged but you are not permitted to be conquered". I started reflecting on various Bible pages Jeremiah 29:11, the story of Job and also reminded myself that there is always darkness Just before dawn. I knew God had something bigger in store for me and needed not to be weighed down by what had happened. I maintained a heart of gratitude since I had learnt that gratitude is an application for more. Come to think of it I only lost my property, I didn't lose my life, I wasn't stabbed or raped so these were more than enough to thank God for.

Still in the bus, someone squeezed something into my hand, I checked what it was it was a huge sum of money also in church my partner squeezed something again into my hand and it was another huge sum of money. I immediately packaged all of the money and offered it as an offering to God. I was dazed because I wasn't expecting any money and these blessings were significant in my Life. This fueled my hope that God had something greater ahead for me which was so close. My joy was completely restored, if you had seen me after the service you won't even know anything had happened, I had so much peace and felt I had lost nothing. Indeed I found comfort (God) in the mist of the storm. Just on Friday God provided another phone with better specs than the one I was using, Indeed God is our very present help in times of challenges.

You might be going through challenges; I want you to know that there is always a God who brings comfort in every storm. All you need to do is to keep count of what's God has done rather than what he hasn't done and remain grateful.

Don't forget to drop your comments, thanks guys and I hope you were blessed.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Wow...thank God for everything... He's indeed a mysterious God.. Nothing takes him unawares! I pray affliction doesn't rise up the second time.. Remain blessed dear..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing... God help me see your plan in every situation.Lots of lessons to draw.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am happy for you.Thank God and i have also learnt to see God in every situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same gang have also attacked n made away with my walleth n phone at that same rich field during Christ mass period but in my own case i didn't let them go with it , i pursued them to Richfield gate where the road come to an end and then i asked them , are yu giving me my phone n walleth or do you prefer going to the police ? Then one of their leader ordered him to return my things to me .
    One thing a Christian should remember is the word of Christ , he says behold i send you in the world like a sheep in the mist of lion , be wise like the sarpent , wisdom is the second mother of a child .
    Don't drag with rubbers anytime they meet you unless people are there , run fast anytime you suspect your environment n any time you want to go out early try contact your fellow .
    Kindly forgive then n bear it for Christ'sake , the lord will restore unto you a billion fold all what yu lost including the yes of cancaworms , locust etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Marcel it is well oh, God will always protect his own. Thanks for stopping bye

      Delete
  5. God truly is our peace in the midst of the storm! Glory to God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallelujah. God is good. Thanks Ezekiel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Quite similar to mine. But in all, we give all glory to God.

    www.thevalueadder.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We indeed give glory to God. Thanks dear for stopping by

    ReplyDelete