4 WAYS I AM LEARNING TO TACKLE FEAR

By Omugbe prisca - July 23, 2023


Quite a number of times I have caught myself second-guessing my abilities and potential, all in the name of fear. It creeps in gradually, and I start thinking of all the "what ifs". What if I don't do it well? What if it never sells? What if nobody likes it? What if I fail? The list is endless.


One of the thing I usually do is stand in front of the mirror and remind myself of who I am in Christ. I keep telling myself I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.


Secondly, I speak to myself and keep reaffirming that I can do the particular task ahead of me and do it well. I go ahead and imagine the end even before I start.

Thirdly, I tell myself that whatever fear is saying is a lie and it only becomes my reality when I accept it.

Fourthly, I share how I feel with a close friend. They also reaffirm my abilities and who I am in Christ.



How do you tackle fear when it starts creeping in gradually?

Have a great week ahead.






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I tackle my fears by looking at my family and knowing how much achieving that task would make them proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. The thought of not letting them down keeps you moving.

      Delete
  2. That’s great. I tackle fear by knowing that this is what God wants me to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving in the assurance of God's backing. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete