WHY CHANGE SUCKS

By Omugbe prisca - July 16, 2023

I changed my phone's security password yesterday. I have used the same password for four years. I Used it on the previous phones I have used and also on the new phone I got in 2022. When I decided to change it, I didn’t realize what I was getting into. It’s been a battle between my conscious and subconscious minds. I have found myself in the last 24 hours inputting my old password unconsciously several times. I only get conscious when I realize that it was the wrong password.

This made me remember a conversation I had with a friend some weeks ago about how 90% of our lives are controlled by our subconscious mind. As Brain Tracy said, "the unconscious data in your head influences 90 to 95% of your behavior". I was tempted to change my password to what it was before because I didn’t like the inconvenience.


I had to reprogram my subconscious mind consciously. I told myself that if I entered the wrong password three consecutive times, my phone would lock permanently. This thought has made me more conscious when I pick up my phone; even though I entered two wrong digits on the third, I had to correct myself.

This reminds me of how powerful our subconscious mind is and how much it fights change initially. For us to experience change, we must intentionally reprogram our subconscious mind through the conscious mind. This would entail telling yourself why the change you are about to embark on is important and what you have to lose if the change does not happen. Over time, the subconscious mind would follow suit.

 

Have you experienced anything like this? I would love to hear your thoughts.

 

Thanks for reading and have a great week ahead.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. With all honesty change is always difficult to get used to but has to be implemented consciously. If the re is anything that is constant in life is change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Change is the only constant thing in life but the most difficult.

      Delete
  2. I can totally relate with this post.I also change my school's email password recently to a new one after using it for a year. I seriously battled inputting the old one rather than the new one.As time progress, I intentionally program my mind to input the new old. This also indicates how we can be too comfortable in our old habit. However, change is the only constant thing in life.

    Thanks for sharing 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you intentionally programmed your mind. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete