THE ROLLER COASTER RIDE: HOW 2020 BACKLASHED ME AND WHAT 2021 HOLDS

By Omugbe prisca - January 06, 2021



Hello, Lovelies,

It’s been a while here. Life got really busy but I still haven’t forgotten my first love (Blogging). It’s the 6th day of the new year and I guess it is not too late to wish you a Happy New Year.


The most anticipated year.

2020 was a year I looked forward to. It was a much anticipated year. I remember having a conversation with some group of friends in 2016 in the season of graduation from the University that 2020 we would be married and have a lot of our ambition already in place (smiles). Looking back right now, all I can do is smile, though everything didn't go how I wanted it, I am super grateful for the accomplishments thus far. I judge God faithful and 2020 was also the best year for me (2021 will be greater).



Growth

There was so much self-development and personal growth, though I didn’t do so much as I wanted to I am glad I did a little. I was able to put out more content on my Instagram page @prisci_catheyo. I rebranded Afro Wearz now Brawn Shop, which officially kicked off on the 22nd of August 2020. Later in the year, I hope to share lessons learned from our first 6 months in business after rebranding.

Sometime in April, I shared 15 lessons COVID-19 taught me. You can check it out here. Also in November, I and a friend started a fitness accountability group to help young ladies look and stay fit and it has been an amazing journey. I also started a prayer platform "Praying With Prisci" which God laid in my heart. This platform allows you to share your burden in form of prayer points and keeps you anonymous. Click here to drop your request. 



What I am saying to myself in 2021

Going throw my review of 2019 here, I talked so much about being consistent in 2020 but life happened again. I was not consistent as I wanted to be but I was glad, I focused more on self-development and personal growth. In 2021, I am not promising to be super consistent but I am promising to be better, stay true to myself, and keep showing up.


NGO

Catheyo Initiative couldn't organize any programs and I would not blame COVID-19. The truth is that there was no serious plan and life got so busy. I am glad I was able to volunteer with HUG Foundation for community outreach. In 2021, we would be collaborating with other NGOs and have more people involved in our activities.




Books

I read more articles in 2020. I also read Crushing it by Gary Vaynerchuk. it's a must-read for everyone. I am currently reading The Millionaire Fastlane by J. DeMarco. It talks about creating sustainable wealth and the goal is to be wealthy and not to look wealthy. When I am done reading I will put up a review here. I also intend to read the Atomic Habit by James clear. 


Movies

The only movie I can remember I saw in 2020 was Citation. I love how relatable the story was "Sex for Grade". This is what has become the norm in our society. I hope that movie will inspire a lot of ladies to speak up against sex for jobs, sex for investment, sex for promotion, sex for grade, and sex for anything.


Adventure

I didn't explore so much in 2020. I visited Osogbo which I didn't find so interesting maybe because I didn't know the right places to visit. I visited Ilaji Resort in Ibadan and Trans-Amusement Park too. I had fun visiting both places in Ibadan. In 2021 I look forward to visiting Agodi Garden, Mapo Hall, and IITA in Ibadan by God's grace. If you have useful tips for me kindly drop them in the comment section.






In summary 2020 wasn't really a backlash, though COVID-19 happened, I am still grateful to God because the year ended in praise. I would love to also hear from you. What stood out for you in 2020 and what are you choosing to do differently in 2021?







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments