MY FOUR TOP BIRTHDAY MUSINGS

By Omugbe prisca - September 07, 2022


Just sitting in front of my laptop. I have a lot to share, but I don’t even know how to start.


Today is my birthday, and I am super excited.

It’s been a while since I showed up here, and I must say a lot has happened. Adulthood is crazy! This is my reality, and I am making conscious efforts to enjoy this season of my life. It never gets easier; we only grow stronger.

Today, I turn 27 (I legit feel old) and, looking back at the last 365 days, I am grateful to God because he has been faithful.


Firstly, in the last one year, I have experienced God’s help, direction, and intervention. Abba held me in his hands (I call him Abba because he is my father and I rest in his love). I had so many delicate life decisions to make, and being a person of faith, I knew I needed his direction, and how he came through at all my crossroads just makes me want to do life with him every day. Now I sound like I have a perfect walk with Abba and have it all figured out, right? The truth remains that it has not been a perfect walk in the last year. I had times when I struggled spiritually. Praying was hard, word study was difficult, and I didn’t even feel like attending services. One thing that has remained true to me is that you might fall, but make efforts to rise again. One thing that really helped me in my low moments was listening to worship songs and chants. I will be sharing some here with you, and I am certain it will come in handy.



Secondly, I resigned from a very amazing job. If you have been around for a while, you would know how much I enjoyed my job, especially because it entailed a lot of traveling and meeting new clients. You would also recall how I got the job after 10 months of waiting (click here to read). It took three years and more to learn and grow. My job was a learning curve. I undertook a lot of challenging tasks and added value to the company. I am grateful for the time I spent there, and I look forward to what the future holds. I know I just sounded like a hard-core; trust me, it was a very emotional decision.

 


Thirdly, I recently relocated to the United States of America for my Masters degree. It’s been a dream come true after about four years of trying. I am going to try to write an entire blog post on this journey. It was a very draining process. It entailed a roller coaster of emotions. As I embark on this new phase of my life, I am excitedly looking forward to what God has in store for me during my time here.



Lastly, I published a book, "About Last Night," sometime in March 2022, and today I will be launching another book titled "Entangled." So, I am deciding to give away all my books for free between today, the 7th, and Friday, the 9th. What is a birthday celebration without gifting? This is my way of saying thank you for coming with me on my journey and celebrating all my little wins. Don’t forget to share my giveaways with your friends and family. Get your copies here



Thank you for reading and say a word of prayer for me today in the comment 😊


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. God bless you dearly. I am so glad I met you. You came at the right time for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwnnnn. I am legit blushing. I am glad our path crossed.

      Delete
  2. Guess who is back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Prisca!
    I enjoyed every line which breathe energy and excitement. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday Prisca. So happy I met you. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete