I ALMOST MADE AN EMOTIONAL DECISSION I WOULD HAVE REGRETTED

By Omugbe prisca - March 24, 2023


"I am tired!" This isn't working! I feel like my effort is futile. I am no longer interested, I quite...! This was how I went on and on ranting to my friend about how a certain situation in my life was tearing me apart. She brought her empathy A-game, and she managed to calm me down.


The next day I woke up to a message from her that said, "I understand how you feel, but I don't want you to make an emotional decision. Think this through, pray through, and get a word from God about the next step you plan to take". Trust me, if you have ever felt this way, this is the last thing you want to hear. Somewhere deep down, I knew that emotional decisions aren't always the best.



Most times we are tempted to make decisions based on our emotions, which include anger, love, and excitement. Do you remember King Herod in the Bible, who was so excited and told the little girl dancer "Herodias's daughter" to ask for anything, even the half of his kingdom (such an excitement)? She asked for the head of John. I am almost certain he never imagined such a request. The King must have felt terrible afterwards.


Although emotional decisions might not be completely bad, I am reminded to be very critical and also pray through before making certain life defining decisions. Being very critical and open-minded when making decisions can't be underestimated. 

So yeah, before you commit to that decision, check to see if it's an emotional decision. I love to read your thoughts in the comment section. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Replies
    1. 😊😊😊 thank you Crystal, I am glad you found it insightful.

      Delete
  2. See who is back!!! A beautiful read too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. Yes oh, I am glad to be back. It feels great replying to comments again 😄😄😄.

      Delete
  3. It always easy to be flipped by our emotions in making critical decision.More reasons we need to be led by the Spirit all the time. Our life should align to God's word as children of God. This is just a gentle reminder for me. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited you shared your thoughts. Being lead by the spirit at all times can never be old fashioned 😄. Thanks again Blessed.

      Delete
  4. Great story. Emotional decisions could be costly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Nzube. Emotional decisions are very tricky because you are clouded by your feelings in that moment.

      Delete
  5. Another one from the wordsmith- Great advice

    ReplyDelete