REVIEW OF 2018 AND TEN BOOSTERS FOR 2019

By Omugbe prisca - January 07, 2019


This post should have come earlier but I had some issues with my phone. All the same, I guess it's still not too late to wish you a happy new year 😀.

2018 for me was a memorable year, so fasten your seat belts as I take you through the journey of 2018 and my standing principles for 2019.

Adulting
2018, welcomed me into adulthood. It was sometimes exciting and other times down casting. There were times I wished I had the power to choose to grow up, no one ever told me growing up was a scam lol. 2018 taught me a lot about taking responsibility, grabbing opportunities, looking beyond to see opportunities, facing my fears and becoming more creative. I blogged about some experiences here


Landing my first job & managing relationships 
I was ushered into 2018 with a new job. It was was a very busy and demanding one, sometimes I had to sacrifice Satudays 😥 and you know what that's means? I could barely manage such a busy schedule with my relationships. I lost quite a number of friends due to breakdown in communication but glad I got my friends back. I had to learn how to manage relationships despite having a crazily busy schedule.


Books
One of my resolutions for 2018 was reading a book monthly. I succeeded in hitting the benchmark and I even scaled over it. I read 16 books which includes;






Sadly I only completed one of these books, which I am not proud of but it's a much more better improvement on 2017. This has been one of my major bad habits for a while now. The good news is that 2019 will be different because I finally found tips about staying through with a book from the beginning to the very end. I will be sharing some tips in my next blog post.

Travel
I got surprised when almost everyone started calling me Ajala ( it means someone who travels in the Yoruba dialect). I only visited Abuja twice, Ogun state twice, relocated back to Ibadan, revisited Lagos twice and visited Delta state twice. Be the judge now, is this enough to call me Ajala? 🤷


Adventure
I didn't explore as much as I wanted to but "at all, at all nai bad pass" (meaning but at least half bread is better than none).
I visited Elegushi beach, which I blogged about here
Went for an art exhibition at Thought pyramid in Ikoyi titled "story telling via photography".
I finally visited the game acade at the Ventura mall in Ibadan.


Movies
Am not so much of a movie freak but I guess I tried a bit. I saw the following movies in 2018;
Black panther
Pepper mint
The merry men
These movies were lovely. I look forward to see more exciting movies this 2019. Your recommendations won't be bad too.



The struggles
In 2018, I struggled emotionally with a lot of things. There were so many happenings in 2018 that almost drove me crazy but thank God his grace made me sail through. Thank God for those great friends who were always there for me and thank God for his unchanging word.


Social media influence
I really didn't understand the power of social media not until 2018. I had a great deal of network and thanks to tech which has made the world a global village. Via social media I made amazing friends.  I located some mentors and role models. These great personalities inspired me in 2018. In 2019, locate those who are in your sphere, follow them on various social media platforms, they will surely be a source of inspiration to you. In 2019 I will double my networking skills.
One very quick advice; avoid the unnecessary pressure social media creates.

You can also check me out on IG here  and on LinkedIn here let's connect.

Jokotade 
Seminars
I was opportuned to attend three conferences in 2018, which influenced me positively.
Free conference, organised by Jimi Tewe, you can read up all I learnt there here.

She means business; here I had more exposure about social media marketing and I made some amazing friends.

Business Connect, where I learnt a lot about building a strong networking system.


Owambes
I am not so much of the party person and for me it's a kudos I attended three weddings in 2018.


Art
I took my art to another dimension. I explored a lot in the world of art and I am super grateful to God for inspiration and amazing clients. I look forward to have and connect with more art lovers this 2019.



For more inspiring works check here

I also transferred my artistic traits into making designs on cloths. I started by making some for myself. Thank God it was appreciated and quite a number of people got theirs too. Place your order for yours and there will definitely be greater improvements this year.




Blogging goals
I started blogging in 2018, with the sole aim to inspire lifestyle and greatness via my write ups. My blog didn't just achieve that purpose but it also became away of escape for me and a place I found solace. All of this became possible because of people like you, who never relent on reading, liking and commenting on every blog post. Your feedback meant a lot to me and it has made this blogging journey a wonderful one. Your kind words of correction has been super amazing, though am not yet that perfect blogger girl but thanks for accepting me just the way I am. Let's do it again in 2019 and even better cheers 😀.


Conclusion
2018 was a super year despite so many challenges, indeed God can never fail. I am also super excited about this year because the future keeps unfolding itself. These are my 10 standing principles for this year 2019:

1. Identify my passion.
2. Set specific goals.
3. Set attainable and measurable goals.
4. Take full responsibility of my life.
5. No excuses.
6. Live my life like there are no limitations.
7. Avoid negative vibes.
8. Keep thinking of the future.
9. Be ready to pay the price.
10. Maintain gratitude to God daily.

I will love to get a brief summary of 2018 and some of your standing principles for 2019.
Thanks for reading.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Hmmmm, quite a prolific adventure, still aim more; yes before I forget, you don't have to read a book page by page to get every thing in the book, well the 80/20 pattern of reading is used by lots of pro, well I love speed reading, coined from magnetic listening..... You could read 250, this year even repeating most of the twice this year....even on tight schedule, that's my goal, I think you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Prisca. 2018 was a wonderful year, but 2019 would definitely be better.

    I’m looking forward to seeing that post on how to complete the reading of a book.

    Happy new year once again ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The post will be up soon.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am smiling from ear to ear right now...that was a fulfilling 2018 so much to be grateful for!...Ohh well for me 2018 was a God discovery and self discovery year...2019 here we come with this new found knowledge...We will so reflect his Glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2018 was indeed a year of discovery. 2019 will surely be greater .

      Delete
  5. Nice one dear keeping improving love the everyday count by j. C. Maxwell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. That book is really cool

      Delete
  6. Happy New year the youngest blogger your write ups are amazing and inspiring 2018 was full of wonderful experience and training.looking forward for a glorious 2019 and the book you promise to post. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear. Yeah 2018 was really filled with lots of experiences. I will be doing the post by next week dear.

      Delete